Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Saturday 25 April 2009

Getting ready for Prospecting.

I've been getting ready to go out prospecting .... collecting handwork to take out with me. We'll be away for about 2 months, so I'll need plenty of things to do so as not to get bored. I've also got some knitting and a couple of Sudoku books, and some magazines. I think I might have it covered!!

Tonight I've been cooking up some chicken wings and some rissoles - lunches for the bush. I still want to make a fruit cake, but might not get time.

I cooked a packet sultana cake in the Cobb cooker yesterday and it turned out really well. I have another packet so will take that, and I also have a date & Walnut cake mix. Adam wants me to make bread this time - I'm not confident about that, but we'll see. Might have to make an emergency trip to town if it doesnt work :-)

I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel - meaning we should get away soon. I'm hoping maybe by the first few days in May. That's only about a month later than we thought!

I've made a baby quilt for Tyson - Zoe's new baby. It's 3 bears in a hot air balloon - nice and colourful and bright. Hope she likes it. Zoe is Adam's great niece.

I've also made up three cushions for Noel - May quilted the tops before she died, but didnt get round to making up the cushions. He mentioned when he gave them to me that they didnt have much of her stuff about (he didnt even know she was doing quilting). When I told him I'd finished them, he didnt even remember giving them to me.

And, last but not least, I'm working on a Seahorse block in the latest swap and should have it finished later tonight. It's done in stem stitch in a multi-coloured thread. Looks really good.

Oh my goodness. Makes me tired just reading all that I've done!! No wonder I'm feeling a bit weary.

Must go and sew the Seahorse.

I'll try and post once more before we go, but no promises.

Cheers,

Faye.

No comments: