Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Saturday 8 May 2010

Inspiration & Perspiration (or I&P) #3



Well, I dont know why, but I couldnt
get these pictures to load last night.
And I notice they are all dark - sorry.

This first one is of the binding on the
folded quilt. It's been sitting waiting
for at least a week, so this weekend is
my "inspiration and perspiration" to get it done.
This is the quilt - minus the binding of
course. :-)

It's a quilt for my niece who is having
a baby in July - and as I'll be away from
next week until early July, I really should
get this finished before I go ... I will, I will!

The blocks are Stack and Slash, and the borders are a bright Monster print - I love it. The backing is a piece of Jungle print that I had that wasnt quite big enough (dammit!), so has black borders on 3 sides. My niece and her DH chose it because of the backing I think !! She came to visit and I told them they could choose 2 baby quilts cos she didnt want a quilt for her wedding. She is rapt with her choices.

Well. I'd better get on with the sewing, or I wont have any more to show you later !!

Cheers,
Faye.


No comments: