Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Monday 10 May 2010

Inspiration & Perspiration - my weekend's worth!

Well. The weekend has come and gone and I didnt get as much finished as I'd hoped. I have put up another photo of the Byzantine Star quilt - a close up. Hopefully it's not so dark. I worked on this on Saturday night and got the last two rows put together, and one actually added to the quilt. So, now all (hmmm ... all?) I have to do is put on the last row, and then add the 1" black, finish making the 2.5" squares for the next border, and put on a 6" yellow border. Then it will be ready for my friend Terry to quilt it. It will be too big for my machine and I dont want to hand quilt it !!

My other moments of patchwork were - I sewed the border on Kelly's quilt, still have to handsew that on. And I have almost finished a bag that I cant show at the moment because "she" may be a scquilter and it's a secret! I'll try and remember to take photo's and post what I've done later.

And for the rest of the weekend, DH and I were preparing and packing for our Gold prospecting trip. We leave on Wednesday - for 6 to 8 weeks - so I've had to pack lots of patchwork... LOL.
I do a little prospecting, but I have a back problem, so cant do much at a time (so sad ... just have to spend my time patchworking!)

So, I'll be off air for a few weeks. Catch you when I get back.

Cheers,
Faye.

No comments: