Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Monday 21 February 2011

Morning Vista

As I was sitting having my breakfast thismorning I thought what a beautiful outlook. No wonder I love living here and dont really want to move. Almost every morning we eat out here, on the back porch. It faces East but because of the big trees you can see in the first photo, we dont get sun until mid morning. Most times I just take it for granted, but occasionally, like today, I do take time to "smell the roses" so to speak. The 3 photo's could be "stitched" to get an all round vista, but I dont know how to do that, so here they are, separate.

Hubby does most of the gardening. When he retired we had different ideas about what to grow, and where, so I said to him - you do the gardening and I'll be the helper. It has worked well, although I wish he would put in a retic system so when we go away someone only has to turn on the tap, or even just keep an eye on it. The watering takes at least an hour if done properly.

I'm working on my Bargello quilt top (from a previous post) and will take another photo of that when I get the borders done. Have also been making lots of 9-patches as the starters-&-enders, so that's another quilt or 2 almost done. Think I'll make them into baby quilts.








2 comments:

Charlotte Scott said...

You have got a lovely morning vista. I love those big trees. Ours are still babies, a few more years yet to get to 'tree' status.

Susan said...

Hi Faye, I popped over from Ms Lottie's blog.
Your morning vista is beautiful, it has a real tropical feel to it. A lovely spot to eat breakfast indeed :)