Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Sunday 13 February 2011

Sunday doings.

I've had a lovely day. Hubby has been helping a mate fix his car, so I've had the day to myself - a rare event. I finished off the quilt top above - well the centre of it anyhow. I still want to add a narrow black border and then a Braid border. I'm loving it so far. It's one of Bonnie Hunter's designs - Scrappy Bargello, and very easy to do and uses up heaps of scraps.

And this is what I've just bought in from the garden. Well, actually the rockmelon we picked yesterday and had half of it for tea last night - so lovely and juicy, right to the skin. The vine grew from a seed. I buried scraps in the canoe for a while and I had a heap of rockmelon vines emerge. We have picked about 4 so far and there are still 5 or 6 to come. The silverbeet I'm going to cook tonight and we'll have ginger & soy glazed salmon on spinach, probably with some rice and maybe pumpkin. The grapes have just started to ripen, and the figs I'm fighting the birds for. The parrots and wood chucks are having a feast, so I'm not getting as many as I usually do. I think I'll save these and see if I can get a few more tomorrow night - enough to make a small batch of jam. I made some a few days ago and it's very nice - especially on fresh bread with lots of butter :-) Am I too fat ..... too bad!

Till next time.
Cheers,
Faye.

1 comment:

Charlotte Scott said...

I love that quilt top - stunning!