Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Wednesday 18 May 2011

AQC

At the AQC in April I did a class with Gloria Loughlan called Colour Fusion. You could do abstract, but I went with a landscape view. I had a lot of fun doing this and am thrilled with the result.
But .... when I went to quilt it, I found a spot where raw edges were showing and it was going to be too hard to repair, so I put a piece of white fabric on it, hoping it would look like a cloud. Well, it didnt, so I cut out a piece of wadding and quilted that over the white piece, and I'm pleased with it now. I had some fun with it, not only the cloud bit, but also doing the trees. Cutting them out and then sewing around all the bits was tedious, but I enjoyed it. Then I decided there needed to be something else - the yellow just looked too "in your face", so I scribbled with the machine and made some bushes. All in all a most enjoyable project.
I put up a picture yesterday of the class I did with Jenny Bowker, Broken Star and loved that one too. The other class I did I got a bit confused with and at a later date, one of my friends is going to help me finish it (thanks Helen). At the moment I just cant face it.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 5 day stay in Melbourne. I flew back to Perth on the Monday night (8.30pm flight), so had all day to shop - and where did I go - GJ's of course. They had a 25% off everything in the shop Sale on, so I went mad and got no change out of $450.00 !!! Ouch. But, I had been saving for 12 months for just this situation VBG. And just so I wouldnt be overweight (I did buy a couple or 8 things at AQC as well) the ladies at GJ's posted my parcel for me. They are so good there. Just as well I only go to the AQC every other year!!!

Till next time.
Cheers,
Faye.

1 comment:

Charlotte Scott said...

I really like it, and I didn't notice the yellow at all until you said it, so it can't be too in your face!