Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Sorry-it's-been-so-long & AQC

Oh dear, it's been over a month since I posted! In the meantime, I've been to the AQC in Melbourne, had a really bad bout of flu' that put me out of action for about 2 weeks, and, ... well, life just got in the way :-) So, I have a few photo's of some finishes and also what I got up to in Melbourne.



This quilt is from
a pattern put out by Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville.com) and is her Scrappy Bargello. But, I did a co-ordinated version and extended the zigzag a bit and called mine Streak of Lightning. I love the colours, although this shot doesnt really do it justice.

I dont kthink you can see the quilting. Fairly ordinary in the main part, but round the edge I did a sort of side-ways continuous figure 8. I love doing that design.

This next one I called Eye of the Tiger cos in the little posts in the sashing I tried to put an eye. I quilted basically around the skewiff log cabin blocks and then round the edge I did a vine pattern that I made up. That was fun too.
















This is a top that I almost finished at the AQC so now it's a finished top, waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. I'm hoping it wont stay an UFO for too long, although so saying, I'm going away for about 3 months and wont have my machine, so maybe I'll aim for before Xmas! The class was with Jenny Bowker and the star is called Broken Star (or Carpenters Wheel). I added the little bits top and bottom, cos I dont like square quilts - and I love the finished top.




I'm having trouble with putting in my pictures. They always go to the top of the page, regardless of when I put them in, and then, sometimes when I'm moving them, either the one I'm moving, or one that gets in the way, disappears. So, I'm going to quit while I'm ahead here and I'll post again "soon" with more pictures of AQC and more "finishes"

Till next time,
Faye.

1 comment:

Margarita said...

Wow what beautiful work, I especially like the carpenters Wheel