Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Thursday 10 March 2011

At last I can do it!

Last week our club had a visit from The Gadget Queen - Pauline Rogers, and WOW. I already had my mojo going quite strongly, but now its almost bursting out of my head !!!
These two pictures are what I call Lightning Strike. The quilt is only quite small - I was testing out the scrappy Bargello pattern. It's been a finished top for about 18 months, waiting for quilting inspiration. After listening to Pauline, I decided "I can do that!" - and here it is all finished except to sew down the binding. I'm hoping the quilting pattern that I put in the red border shows up. I could quilt straight lines fine, - it was the squiggly bits that I thought I couldnt manage. After watching her, in this border I did a sort of open figure 8. Looks good, but dont scrutinise too closely LOL.
This one is what I call "Eye of the Tiger". I dont think you'll be able to see, but in the little 1" squares between each block (posts) I tried to put a tiger's eye in each one. I had actually quilted all the blocks and the first border and the narrow yellow border - all straight lines (I could do that). but it was sitting languishing, waiting for me to decide what to put in the 6" wide dark border. After my session with Pauline, I've now quilted a vine and leaf design all around it.
This is a close up of it. Hope you can see it.
And this is the back of this quilt. It was a scrappy front, so I decided to make the back scrappy too and am pleased with how it has all turned out.

Next project will be to tackle a larger top - I have plenty to choose from :-)

So, nothing wrong with my mojo at the moment. It's very much alive and itching to get sewing. What a pity I cant afford to have someone in to do all the cooking, cleaning and shopping so I could just sit and sew all day - or go shopping for quilting paraphernalia. It's nice to dream.

We are off out to lunch to celebrate DS2 (Dear Son No.2) birthday. Another interruption! But I love him, so my quilting will (must) wait.

Till next time.
Faye.

No comments: