Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Wednesday 27 June 2007

A visit from Bunbury P&Q

We have a friendship group in Bunbury and once a year we visit them, and once a year they visit us. Today was their turn to visit us. Our group had organised to have soup and bread for lunch, and everyone would bring a plate for morning and afternoon tea. The last few weeks we have only been getting about 8 or 10 along to our Wednesday group, and in the last few days I had 4 people say they wouldnt be here. So..... I panicked! I knew there would be enough soup, but I worried about the rest, so last night I sat up till about 11pm baking. I made mini chocolate muffins, zucchini and walnut loaf, shortbread, and thismorning before I left I quickly make up a batch of scones, with cheese on the top for savoury and took jam and cream for the bases.

Hmph! Neednt have bothered. The group came up trumps. We had 10 Bunbury girls visit and we had 22 of our own group, so finished up having enough food to feed about 100 !!!

It was a lovely day. There was some beaut show and tell, with lots of inspiration, and of course lots of chit-chat and just a little sewing, and needless to say, lots of tea and coffee and good food.

We are looking forward to our visit to Bunbury in October.

No comments: