Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Saturday 13 December 2008

I'm back

Well, I'm back and trying to remember all the things my son has told me about blogging. He has been showing me things and has now gone home, so I'm on my own.

Firstly, I'd like to talk about my weekend away. Seven of us went to Collingully - a reatreat barn on a farm near Meckering in the wheatbelt of WA. It's like you died and went to heaven - you live, eat, sleep patchwork. There is sooooo much fabric to choose from, and sample quilts all over the place. Such an inspiration.

Anyhow, I had been visiting Bonny Hunter's site and was all inspired and enthused about Scrappy Bargello, although I had co-ordinated mine so it wasnt scrappy at all. As I was sewing it, I did 9-patch starters & enders and at the end of the 4 days I had one top finished and another almost done. I also worked on leftovers from another quilt I had done about 12-18 months earlier - needed more fabric (as you do .. LOL) and this was the place to find it. Once again 9-patch, but with snowball blocks to join it all together. This is only a small quilt.

Since then (13-16th Nov) I have been absolutely inspired and have been sewing every day and half the night. Tomorrow I will take photo's of everything and learn how to put them on my blog.


No comments: