Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Sunday 14 December 2008

December photos

As promised from last night, I'm now attempting to put up some photos of my recent patchwork items.





These are a couple of bags that I have made for my nieces. It wasn't until I'd finished the one on the right that I realized it's quite a bit smaller than the other. I hope she wont mind.













This is my "Scrappy Bargello" that isnt scrappy. I love the colours. I made this during a retreat at Collingully (see previous post). I have called it "Thunder & Lightning".














This was made as "starters & enders" using leftover fabrics (plus some) when I was making "Thunder & Lightning". I havent actually named it yet. I didnt plan the placement of the 9-patches - just picked them up and sewed them together.














This wall hanging was started at my very first class at the first Australian Quilt Convention in 2005. It is a Patricia Campbell design and was taught by Gabriella Swain. I have added a couple of extra vines on the outside and am very pleased with it now. Even my quilting was a little outside my comfort zone.












This was from AQC 2007 - "Draplique" with Pam Holland. I'm now a fan of the Fabrico pens.







These next two didn't go where I wanted them to. The first one I finished about 18 months ago, a class with Lyn Sorrenson from Country Patchwork Cottage called "Beyond Baby Blocks". The second one is the leftovers (plus some) and is only about 60cm x 80cm.
That's all I'm going to do today. I have 3 more to show, but have run out of time. I think I'll be able to remember how to do them without Jason lurking within easy coo-ee

No comments: