Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Tuesday 30 December 2008

Octagonal Quilt.


I have been responding to an on-line inquiry about what to make for a friend who has sent some fabric with playing cards on it. I told her about the one I made for my Mum back in 1987 to use as a card table cover (i/o an old blanket she was using). The top block is the actual "Card Trick" block (variation) and quilted in the orange triangles are the respective suits. I saw one about 3 months later in a magazine, very similar, although I actually designed this one myself ... anyhow, they had appliqued the suits.

This now covers my washing machine, which is the first place you come to when you use our back door. It's faded and starting to wear out - the fabric wasnt the best quality when I made it. I was living in an oil camp in Sumatra and the fabric was from the local market, so considering that, it has lasted well.

I have the design for a new cover for my machine - the one where she is hanging out the washing and the sign says "I'd rather be quilting". Just have to get around to making it now. I'll post a photo when it's done ..... if I remember.


No comments: