Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Monday 11 October 2010

Airing the Quilts




This weekend just gone we went to Geraldton,
and on Saturday went to Northampton to their
Airing of the Quilts.

The main street had quilts all along it, and there
were lots of stalls. I had a great time wandering around it all.
We took Adam's Mum with us and he looked after her while I went and looked at whatever I wanted - for as long as I wanted. It was wonderful.

Then, on Sunday we went to Dongara for their "Hanging of the Quilts". This was held in "The Priory Lodge" and was an excellent venue. I didnt take as many photo's as I should have, but I really enjoyed it. And I met up with lots of people I knew and hadnt seen for ages, so it was a really good day.

These are a couple of quilts that I really liked. Simple
but very effective. Actually, I think the black and white one was made by one of my friends, so I'll be able to pick her brain a little on how the mechanics work :-)

Yes! A wonderful weekend, and completely unexpected. My husband usually avoids quilt displays if he can. LOL.

Till next time,
Cheers,
Faye.

No comments: