Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Sunday 31 October 2010

Weekend happenings.

I've had quite a productive weekend really, although all of this was done Saturday. I'll try and do some more tonight. Today we've been making an annex for a friend - but that's another story. And I still havent taken shots of the veggie patch again yet.
I have been getting things ready to do when I go away on a UFO weekend next w/e. This Scrappy Bargello I made quite a while ago - like 12 months - and have added the dark and the red borders to make it bigger. Still have to decide on the backing for this yet.
This is a backing I have made for my Eye of the Tiger quilt (below) using 10.5 inch blocks - idea courtesy of Bonnie Hunter of quiltville.com fame. I have been cutting my scraps into usable pieces of 10.5 inch, 6.5 inch, 4.5 inch and 2.5 inch squares, and then strips of 2 inch, 2.5 inch, 4.5 inch and 6.5 inch. I had enough of the 10.5 squares so put them together (actually, there is a 3" strip of black on the bottom cos I dont think it's quite long enough, but not enough for another row of squares.
This is the detail of my Eye of the Tiger quilt (pin basted), trying to show how each post in the black sashing I have tried to fussy-cut a tigers eye, hence the name.
And here is the full sized quilt. I havent quite worked out how to crop a photo yet. Have to ask my son when he comes to visit tomorrow.

Right now it's time to get some dinner going.
CU next time,
Faye.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi Faye

I have been trying to contact you to let you know that you won my give-away - congratulations! Can you please get back to me with your postal details. I could not find your email details on your blogger profile.

Thanks

Jenny from Romany Quilting