Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Broome photo's

I promised a while ago that I would put up some pictures of Broome - well, here they are. I reckon the sunset one is as good as any postcard. The one of the 3 Camels on the lawn I thought they were statues at first, until I saw them move - eating the grass. No-one was tending them. They were just waiting, although they were tethered together.

And this one my Hubby took recently - in our garden. They almost look like they should be singing or whistling to you. We have 3 "clumps" of them and there must be about 40 flowers altogether. Keeping an eye on the place.


We are off the the Kulin "Bush Races" this weekend. We went about 5 years ago and had so much fun we decided we'd go again, but this is the first time since. I'll take some photo's again. Kulin is East of Perth, probably about 3 hours drive. If you are travelling to Wave Rock in Hyden, then take a detour to Kulin and travel the "Tin Highway". All the farms have put up statues and scenes using old cars, hay bales, old drums and the like. It goes for about 5 km - make sure you have lots of film space!

I'm working on another mini Round Robin at the moment. Will take a photo, but wont be able to post it until "Prue" gets it. I dont want to spoil it for her. And, never having one thing only on the go, I'm also working on my hexagons still, and also 2 more mini RR's. Then there's the Blue and Yellow - think that's about all at the moment, but I'm thinking about what to take out next. I want to finish off some more PHD's (Projects Half Done!).

In the garden, we have been planting out some veggie seedlings. We have a lot of trees on our property and the roots are very invasive, so we have decided to grow most of our plants in pots. Well, our veggie patch this year is an old canoe that the boys used to have when they were kids. Makes a beaut garden. Once again, I'll take a photo when the plants have grown a bit. I love it!

I'm off to work on the mini RR's.

Cheers,
Faye.








No comments: