Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Marmalade

Hmmm This is my 3 fruit Marmalade and this time I got it "just right". Not too runny, not too thick and a beautiful flavour. The three fruits are 1 grapefruit, 2 small sweet oranges and 2 lemons (1 Eurika and 1 Meyer), all from the trees on our property. I only made half quantity, so hence only 6 small jars. We have already almost finished one of the small ones, I've given away 2 (or at least Hubby has!!!), so looks like I'll have to make some more before very long.

I've also made about 8 jars of a Cumquat Marmalade. That also turned out very well, but I havent taken any photo's. This makes a quite "tart" jam that I love, but some would not. Cumquats have so many seeds ..... this time I cut them in half and took out the pips, then threw them into the food processor for a few "zaps". Worked fine and I didnt have to slice up all the fruit.

Have to get out and start the veggie patch soon. We are starting from scratch again with it, as it's about 3 years since we really did any. Last year we put all our veg in pots - tomatoes, bush cucumber and capsicum mainly, and a few of the gourmet lettuce.

Gotta go. My dinner needs attention.

Cheers,
Faye

No comments: