Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Home till next year.

Hello,
Well. I'm back in civilization again, this time until about April next year,2011. We had quite a successful 5 weeks (again) out in the outback of WA, gold prospecting. I didnt do any this time. My back always suffers, so decided it just wasnt worth it. I sit in the car and sew while DH prospects, and I do the cooking, washing, cleaning, etc - but its quite fun in our little van. We had lots of water nearby so were able to have a shower every other day. Usually its just a wash-down until we can get to town for a shower.

I spent lots of time working on my hexagons and they are looking good, even if I do say so myself! I also worked on a "blue on yellow" centre medallion for a quilt that will probably be a table cloth. But, it's too heavy. I have done appliqué tulips, and all the little blocks around the edge are stitcheries (a swap I was in), so the solid appliqué is too much. I have drawn out another pattern I found that I will embroider and see how that looks.

My Byzantine Star quilt top is finished and my friend finished quilting it while I was away. I am giving it to my (favourite) niece for her wedding in December - she loves it.

I'll try and get some photo's up in the next couple of days. And I'm hoping I will be able to post a bit more often now that we are not travelling.

Until next time.
Cheers,
Faye.

No comments: