Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Getting There ...

This is my current sewing room - a bedroom 3m x 3.7m with a built in robe - and I have it jammed packed full of my sewing paraphernalia. This shot is my cutting table, piled with "junk" at the moment cos I'm getting ready to move. Mind you, it's not much different to what it usually looks like. I usually have to clear a space to cut, as one does. I've seen the posts!

The next one is of the same room looking at the ironing board and my sewing machine (in a Horn cabinet - works for me) The bookcase extends into the room so I can get more furniture into the room. Behind the machine and Iron is a window, would you believe. Not out to the garden, but overlooking my computer room. As you can see, I've used the window to display all sorts of bits and pieces - blocks ready to assemble, exchange blocks ready to do or to post, notes to myself, a calendar - you get the idea.

I've been very happy in this little room and even though it's always a mess, I almost always know where everything is. BUT, I feel the need for a larger room and DH has said I can move into the "end room" which is 3m x 4m with no built in robe, so I can re-arrange things better. I've been designing and re-designing this new room for about 18 months now, but I'm pleased to say, it wont be long! I've cleaned out the new room and am about to paint it, then I can move.

Meanwhile, I've organised my Stash cupboard. It's not as full as it was cos I've been making quite a few scrap quilt tops from the stash and trying not to buy more. I had been really good until about a month ago :-)

My Stash cupboard only holds Lengths. From half metre thru to about 3.5m. I still have all the smaller cuts, fat quarters and widebacks to organise yet, although they are all in plastic containers - just need re-folding.

Dont hold your breath waiting for photo's of the move LOL. It's taken me 18 months to get round to clearing out the room ready for painting. Still got to paint ..... and then move all the stuff. OMG. There is sooooo much stuff! .... but it will be fun.

Might have to have a party when it's all done - just to show it off. I cant wait, so maybe it will happen faster than I anticipate. Still have to get DH to help though.

Till next time.
Cheers.
Faye.

1 comment: