Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Thursday 20 January 2011

The Veggie patch

This is my wheeelbarrow now - I'm battling t0 keep up with it. Along with the silverbeet there are a few spring onions. This lot of s/b seedlings had only 4 plants, but even that is too much for just the 2 of us. I made a nice spinach and cheese slice for lunch the other day, but I'm battling to find recipes that I like using spinach.


The canoe is soooooo overgrown now too. The Rocket we had has seeded and is now shooting again (far left) so we might get some more rocket before the season ends. Next is a row of spring onions, then I had 2 rows of carrots& radish - the radish were great, - and in front of them a row of beetroot. The carrots and beetroot are still trying to compete - with the self seeded basil and rockmelon! Oh, and somewhere in there we had 3 cucumber plants that have been providing us with some lovely little cu-ees, and 3 strawberry plants that havent done much at all! Down the front are a couple more containers with pumpkin plants, which dont seem to be fruiting. Lots of flowers, so I'm not sure why no pumpkins. We have about 5 lovely rockmelon growing on the plants that grew out of some scraps I buried. Looking forward to them.

I'd like to plant more, but at the moment I havent decided where (or what) to plant them (in). It looks like we wont be going out prospecting till almost June, so I could plant some winter veggies, if I get on with it. Will just have to look out some more containers.

Cheers,
Faye.

No comments: