Fayes Place

Fayes Place

Monday 3 January 2011

Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2010-11

I decided I'd have a go at this, but bonnie's quilts are usually quite large, so I have only done a few of each unit - like about 50 of the first, and about 10 of each of the rest. I'll have a lot to do when I get going on it, but I have enough to at least put together a couple of blocks - just to see how it is looking, as I change the colours from what she suggests.

So....... today I actually put together a couple of the blocks.
Only trouble is, the Saw Tooth edge should have been with the dark on the outside, then it will look a little more like a sashing beside the string-pieced block. I'm glad I only made one block. I wont pull it out just yet. I'll make some more "the right way" LOL. So far I'm liking it, but I've made it with lots of scraps, so will have to put a few together to really get the idea.

I'll take some more shots when I've made a few more

Cheers,
Faye.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Faye
It is interesting to see the blocks you have made from the mystery quilt. I have printed off all the instructions and will probably have a go myself. All those small HST tend to put me off though.

Faye said...

Hi Jenny, I found they go quite easily - I cut them with the ruler she recommends and just pile them up and mindlessly feed them through the machine - in groups of 5, cos 5 makes up the unit, with a "starter & ender" between the sets. I want to make up about 5 or 6 more before I take more photo's. I certainly wont make it as large as hers LOL.

Faye.